Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What I've Been Eating

Hmm..well..lets start with yesterday

Lunch: I made some lime aioli. I wanted to make my own mayo with eggs and oil, but don't have a food processor. So, I kinda just fudged my own recipe. I used about 2/3 cup mayo, 2 minced garlic cloves, tbsp lime juice, some lime zest, salt and pepper. Mixed it all up, added some chopped parsley. I drained one can of tuna and mixed it with the aioli and chopped red peppers. Then, I put it ontop of some greens with a little bit of lime juice on top. yum.

For dinner I was planning on using one of my favorite sauces- Soy Vay Island Teriyaki, to make a chicken and veggie stir fry.

I have never boiled rice on my own, I always use those "boil in a bag" that you can put in the microwave.

Anyways, I was unaware that I just needed to use one cup or two. I poured the whole bag into a pot and started boiling the rice. Eventually when I came to check on it all the water had evaporated and the rice was burnt and stuck to the pot. I scraped as much as i could off and into a larger pot of water and started ro reboil it. I thought it was done about 10 minutes later and drained it. However, it was not and i had to put it into water on the stove again and attempt to cook it more. I think the reboiling it 2 times turne it into the final product of slop. It was inedible.

I decided to cook the chicken and veggies with the soy vay sauce and put it on a salad with seseame ginger dressing instead.


the end.

I'm tirrred.

oh, this morning I made granola with cereal I have, strawberries mom and dad brought me, and french vanilla yogurt. parfait!

2 comments: